Covestic has been a ServiceNow partner for nine years applying our two decades of Service Management expertise to help clients maximize their ServiceNow investment. Configuration Management Database (CMDB) is at the core of each and every engagement we perform because we understand the importance a foundational CMDB plays in setting you up for long-term ServiceNow success.
Covestic can work with you to assess your CMDB by performing a CMDB Health Check. As part of this process, our experts follow a proven approach to getting your CMDB in good working order.
Our team of experts will:
- Define/Understand: Understand the impact of the current state of your CMDB and how it is affecting your overall ServiceNow environment.
- Confirm/Clarify: Confirm your overall ServiceNow Roadmap and understand the role that CMDB will play to ensure success.
- Create an Action Plan: Develop an action plan to progress the configuration management process and CMDB from current state to desired state.
Here’s a quick look at more of the technical and process steps we follow for a CMDB Health check:
- Review of CMDB Implementation: Do the Classes and attributes in the CMDB support process and business services?
- Check CMDB Sources
- Assess Process: Roles and Responsibilities, CMDB updates
- Analyze CMDB Data: Completeness, correctness, compliance, relationships
- Update/Create Your CMDB Process Guides
- Leverage CMDB health rules and dashboard: ServiceNow Discovery as configuration items source, define CMDB health rules by class, load data from sources, leverage dashboard and remediation to identify and correct issues.
To learn more about our methodology, check out our on-demand webinar: CMDB Health Check: Leveraging the CMDB for Business Success.
If you’re looking to perform a CMDB health check at your organization, reach out to our team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started today. For additional information on our CMDB Health Check offering, read the full datasheet.