Barry Stewart - Practice Director, SecOps & IRM
ServiceNow and InfoSec expert with two decades of experience delivering world class consulting services. A seasoned platform owner with substantial expertise gained from dozens of successful ServiceNow implementations.
- Builds a culture of continuous improvement for our practitioners who are experienced cybersecurity professionals (with clearances and certifications such as CISSP). They also hold current ServiceNow implantation certifications. This empowers them with a unique insight – they understand cybersecurity AND ServiceNow.
- Working hands-on directly with our clients to provide consulting for Covestic SecOps and IRM projects empowers Barry to stay current with the current and emerging cybersecurity landscape to better serve our customers. I use this information to create or evolve our service offerings and cascade lessons learned to the wider team allowing us to continually deliver best-in-class solutions.
- Barry builds and manages strategic partnerships that ensure our customers have competitive advantages when identifying and responding to next generation of cyber-risk leveraging the NOW platform.
Selected Projects Include:
Maturity based Vulnerability Response Implementation (with Qualys Integration), and Policy Management and Risk Management applications. Qualys CMDB Sync leveraged to enrich CMDB.
Government Analytics Firm
CMDB Data Cleanup & Integration health review, Vulnerability Response Implementation (with Qualys Integration), Security Incident Response, Threat Intelligence and GRC applications. Custom Sentinel one Integration to use S1 for discovery / IRE.
Fortune 500 Manufacturer
Back to box program for highly customized large-scale instance. Solution architect for a complex vulnerability response implementation. Migrated Fairchild MaestroRS to Business Continuity Management.
Medical Research Company
Vulnerability Response Implementation (with Tenable.io Integration). Security Incident response (with crowd strike integration)
Certificates and Education
- Certified Implementation Specialist:
- Vulnerability Response
- Security Incident Response
- Application Portfolio Management
- IT Service Management
- Project Portfolio Management
- Event Management
- Certified Application Developer
- Certified System Administrator
- MCSA: Security
- ISC² CISSP
- ISC² CCSP
- CompTIA Security+
Glasgow Caledonian University:
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Internet Software Development (BSc)
Learn more about Barry and Covestic below
Download the free PDF below and discover what Barry thinks is great about working at Covestic.